High Capacity Air Filters
Filters Airborne Pollutants and Contaminants
More Surface Area than Other Major Brands
The smallest contaminants of a single micron or less make up about 99% of the particles circulating throughout a typical home.
Skuttle provides two options for filter media, MERV 8 for most homes and MERV 11 where finer filtration of airborne pollutants is needed for health reasons or to offset environmental factors.
- Designed to provide high-level air filtration in today’s energy-efficient homes
- Filter cartridges slide in and out for quick, easy replacement.
- ‘Deep-pleated, fluffier filter, which traps far more particulates over a longer period than standard, flat-filter designs.
- Gasket ensures a tight fit.
- Made in the U.S.A.
Filtration Options: MERV 8 and MERV 11
Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) is an international industry standard. It places a numeric value on filter media efficiency based on its ability to capture and hold dirt and dust particles of specific sizes.
Skuttle’s superior depth-loading filter design has 5,552 square inches of surface area — 2.25 times more surface area than national brand H as shown in the graph at the bottom of this page.
Air Cleaner Media
- The smallest contaminants of a single micron or less make up about 99 percent of the particles circulating throughout a typical home.
- Under standardized testing, Skuttle’s MERV 8 high-efficiency filter media will capture and hold 84.9% of airborne contaminants and pollutants ranging between 3.0 and 10.0 microns in size.
- Skuttle’s MERV 11 high-efficiency filter media stops particles in the 1.0 to 3.0 micron range, making it an excellent choice for very high indoor air quality. A single human hair is 20 – 40 microns.
- Skuttle filter media should be replaced twice a year, ideally between the heating and cooling seasons.
Skuttle’s superior depth-loading design captures more airborne particles and lasts longer than the competition.