For Mini-Split Systems and Other Limited-Space Applications
Mini-split systems are becoming more and more popular worldwide. Unfortunately they are, like all mini-split systems, prone to internal mold growth. Mold growth robs efficiency and can be a health risk as well. In addition, a wide variety of airborne biological contaminants such as germs, viruses, pollen, and allergens, breed in or are spread by the air system. Until now UV light disinfection systems were too large for mini-splits. The solution is Mini UV.
- Proven effective at sterilizing mold and other biological contaminants.
- Kills the mold and reduces the need for system maintenance.
- Improves indoor air quality by sterilizing mold, bacteria, viruses, and allergens from the air as it cycles through the central air system.
- Mini UV™ lamps are protected by a Teflon® sleeve to contain damage if the lamp is broken.
- Fits mini-splits & similar A/C systems
- 2 Mini UV lamps only 9” L x 3/8”D
- 208-230 VAC power supply
- Low-intensity UV light is safe for plastics
- Teflon® lamp sleeves for safety
- 1 year guaranteed lamp life
- 5 year warranty on all parts except lamps
How Mini UV Works
For over a century scientists have known about the germ-killing properties of UV-C light. Because this frequency of light is filtered out by the Earth’s atmosphere microorganisms have no defense against it. It works by scrambling their DNA which prevents them from reproducing. UV-C light works by penetrating the cell walls of microorganisms and scrambling their DNA. This prevents them from reproducing.
Mold growth on the blower wheel is a common problem in mini-split systems.
Mini UV™ inhibits mold growth and extends the life of mini-splits.
- Dimensions: UV lamps: 9”L x 0.4”Dia.
- UV Lamp: 254 nm UVC, 10 µW/cm2@ 1 Meter, 5 mA current,4 Watts
- Power Supply: 6”L x 1.5”W x 1.125”H
- Weight: 0.5 lb.
- Electrical: 120 or 208-230 VAC hard-wired power supply both 50 / 60 Hz, 0.1 amps